Regardless of your storage needs – whether you own a small retail store selling mobile phones and accessories, or have a large movie or book collection at home – it’s critical to keep items efficiently stored for sales for peace of mind. As a business owner, it’s impossible to store and sell products if they’re not organized, and as any movie fan with a large DVD collection will tell you – it’s nerve racking trying to find your favorite movie if it’s not categorized or alphabetized properly.
At ShelvingMate, we’re the leading provider of high quality storage systems for homes and businesses and can help you find the right shelving system for all your needs. Each of the storage solutions we sell are custom designed, made from the finest steel available, and are easily customizable based on the weight and dimensions of the products you need to store.
Depending on your needs as a business or homeowner, adjustable shelving may be the perfect choice because of its flexibility compared to other types of storage units. If you’ve begun researching what kind of shelving system to buy, there are a number of things to keep in mind: The purpose of the storage, location and environment, weight and dimensions of the items to be stored, the kinds of items that will be stored, how accessible the items will be, and finding the right system that is both high quality and economical but will meet all of your needs.
- The purpose of the storage. Too often, we’ve talked to customers who walked into a home improvement center or membership-only warehouse club and bought the first adjustable shelving system they saw without ever considering its purpose. This can be a terrible mistake for many reasons. For instance, if you have a collection of porcelain figurines you inherited from your grandmother, an open shelving system may not be the best choice. Similarly, most storage systems you buy at retail outlets aren’t designed for heavier items, like storing tires or heavy machinery.
- Location and environment are two other important considerations. If you are storing items in an outdoor area, then you need high quality, galvanized steel shelves that can take a beating from rain, wind, high and low temperatures, not to mention the snow, ice, and freezing temperatures characteristic of Canada’s harsh winters.
- Depending on weight and dimensions, a durable, high strength adjustable shelving system can be the perfect solution, especially if you’re storing athletic equipment, automotive parts, small appliances, or anything else of varying size.
- The type of shelving you choose also depends on what you’ll be storing. While wood shelves painted to match the décor of your home office may be nice to look at, it’s unlikely they’ll be able to support your full-size scanner and printer, not to mention the collection of hardbound, 800-page Microsoft certification textbooks you’ve owned for 20 years but can’t part with.
- Accessibility is another issue to think about. Once you know what you need to store, have you decided on how often you’ll need to get to those items? How will they be accessible, not only for stocking the shelves, but also removing the items?
Finally, it’s important to find a shelving system that meets your storage needs but is economical and durable at the same time. At ShelvingMate, our experienced design professionals can help you evaluate and prioritize your requirements, show you what options are available, and educate you so you can make an informed purchasing decision.