Depending on the kind of business you are in, not all storage solutions are the best choice for your needs. If you happen to run a small engine repair shop with product on display for the public or in a warehouse with access to service bays, light duty wooden or glass shelves would be the worst choices possible. The same goes for an industrial warehouse, where heavy duty shelving is the only option for storing product weighing thousands of pounds and of different dimensions or shapes. In a case like this, the storage professionals at ShelvingMate can help you evaluate your shelving needs and design a solution that is efficient, scalable, and saves on floor space.
At ShelvingMate, we are the number one heavy duty shelving contractor in the Greater Toronto Area, and we have designed and installed systems for a wide range of clientele, including those in the food industry, tire sales and service, document management, and many others. Each of the storage solutions we sell and install are custom designed for individual clients, meaning you never have to worry that you are getting a one size fits all system that will lag behind your growing business.
There are literally hundreds of manufacturers of heavy duty shelving systems, but in our experience the best in the business is Metalsistem, an industry leader in affordable and high quality storage solutions since 1970. Each product is made using high quality 3.1 certified high tensile steel coils that conform to the EN10204 standards for quality and durability.
Benefits of Working with the Best
We have grown our business and established ourselves as the leader in heavy duty shelving systems because of our commitment to quality, innovation, and working closely with each customer to understand their specific needs. Each client works with one of our highly trained and experienced design professionals and is lead through a process that focuses on discovery (determining storage needs), design (crafting a storage plan that looks into the types of products to be stored, floor space, and other requirements), and finally installation.
Once a plan comes into focus, we begin looking at different storage options and the benefits of working with a storage solutions provider such as Metalsistem. What is the ShelvingMate difference and how does it benefit companies looking for heavy duty shelving solutions? Consider the following:
- Each client receives a unique, purpose-driven plan and cost estimate.
- ShelvingMate offers an industry best five year warranty on goods and services, on top of the warranty provided with every Metalsistem branded storage product.
- All shelving systems are boltless and easy to assemble without the use of special tools.
- Each system is made from galvanized steel that is rust proof, durable, and can be used in a wide range of environments, including cold storage.
- All Metalsistem units are customizable and can often be combined with each other for even more storage options.
Planning is the Key
When it comes to building a home, a contractor is not able to begin construction until plans have been drawn up and approved, which requires careful planning and deliberation. The same goes for choosing the right kind ofheavy duty shelving for your business. From looking at space requirements to environmental concerns to accessibility, many factors determine how successful you will be – which can have a direct affect on growing your business.
Different goods require different storage systems and, thankfully, ShelvingMate works with a broad range of Metalsistem products to fit those needs. For extreme, heavy duty items, there are several product lines that can be customized including UniBuild, and UniCant, both of which utilize a pallet racking storage system.
Pallet rack is a storage system where items are stored on pallets (a flat transport structure also referred to as “skids”). This is system allows for storage in horizontal rows with multiple levels, and is most often accessed using forklifts.
The UniBuild Heavy Duty Pallet Racking System
The UniBuild pallet racking system is light, sturdy and modular – qualities that Metalsistem products are famous for and which make it easy to add to other storage units as storage requirements change.
Some of the many benefits of UniBuild include:
- Beams made in standardized sections for pallet racking and other heavy duty shelving requirements.
- Variable material thickness using connectors with five anchor points welded to either side.
- Improved connection characteristics for heavier loads.
- Durable and corrosion resistant, thanks to galvanized components manufactured with the Sendzimir process.
- The system can be configured as a drive-in system to maximize storage space.
The UniCant Cantilever Racking System for the Storage of Long Items
For businesses that have a large number of items to be stored that are heavy and of varying lengths, ShelvingMate recommends the UniCant heavy duty cantilever system which is ideal for storage requiring clear and continuous loading levels. The benefits include:
- Increase the available space between levels and their load bearing capacity without endangering the safety of the installation.
- Available in different arm lengths and load bearing capacities, making it ideal for storing items like wood panels, sheet metal, plastic and metal profiles, and semi finished goods.
- The system is self sustaining and does not need to be installed to walls or other fixed objects to ensure maximum load bearing capacity.
At ShelvingMate, we are the industry leader in providing innovative storage solutions or all of your storage needs, regardless of the business you are in. In addition to heavy duty shelving for commercial, industrial, and retail applications, we also work with private homeowners who require lighter duty shelving for home offices, garages, and other areas where space is at a premium but would greatly benefit from efficient storage options.
If you have questions about heavy duty shelving or are wondering about the benefits of galvanized steel over other shelving materials, call us today at 1-844-276-2607 and one of our design consultants would be happy to introduce you to the advantages of working with ShelvingMate.