With 2013 just around the corner, one trend in storage solutions we’re keeping close watch on – especially for homeowners and retail business owners – are boltless shelving units.
What are boltless shelving units?
This is a type of shelving system, normally a standalone unit, that doesn’t require nuts and bolts fasteners for assembly. In fact, anyone with a little elbow grease and a hammer or rubber mallet can assemble boltless shelving in no time at all. ShelvingMate is the Greater Toronto Area’s number one company for boltless shelving and storage solutions, and we’ve served hundreds of customers from Ajax to Whitby to all communities in between.
Most boltless shelving units include posts and rivet beams made of steel, and a shelving unit that can be made from a variety of materials, such as wire or particle board. Think of the posts as the vertical support for the rivet beams, while the rivet beams themselves are designed to lock into the posts and provide the means to support the shelves.
Boltless shelving units are easy to assemble, disassemble, and re-locate as necessary depending on customer storage needs.
If you’re in need of easy to assemble shelving units, let the experts at ShelvingMate work with you to find the right solution. We’ll help you find the ideal shelving, based on requirements such as the kinds of items you’ll be storing, the size and weight of the items, and the room size and environment where the boltless shelving units will be assembled.
What are some of the advantages of boltless shelving over other kinds of storage solutions?
- Easy to assemble. In most cases, the only tool needed for assembly is a hammer or rubber mallet. “Boltless shelving” is exactly as the name implies: there are no clips, bolts or any other special equipment needed for assembly. The units can be assembled faster, with less effort, and have fewer parts that will require maintenance or replacement.
- Boltless shelving systems can be disassembled and re-located as necessary.
- Inexpensive compared to other types of shelving, which may be built in.
- The open design of boltless shelving means items are visible and easily accessible from all four sides.
- The rivet beam design means the shelves themselves are adjustable, and can be moved up or down the posts to accommodate different sized items.
- Boltless shelving units are completely freestanding.
- Boltless shelving is extremely versatile and can be assembled into nearly unlimited configurations — a kind of mix-and-match storage solution.
- Finally, boltless shelving offers extreme durability. In most cases, these types of units are made from 14 gauge galvanized steel that won’t bend, crack, rust, or succumb to environmental damage from rain, heat, humidity, or snow or ice.
If you have questions about an order or would like more information on our affordable and unique boltless shelving or other storage solutions, please contact us today at 1-844-276-2607 or via email for a free consultation. You also may request a quote online, or download a brochure that discusses all the benefits of working with the storage solution experts at ShelvingMate.